Gout is an inflammatory disease similar to arthritis which is caused by buildup of uric acid crystals in the joints. Uric acid crystals are breakdown products of purines which are present in almost any food we eat. Gout is common in the elderly and manifests through severe pain in the joints which can prevent you from doing your daily activities. Although doctors prescribe anti-inflammatory drugs as treatment, there’s a natural remedy which can treat the symptoms and the disease.
The main risk factors for gout are genetics, obesity, high blood pressure, psoriasis, alcohol abuse, inflammation and leukemia. Gout develops when the body processes excessive amounts of protein from red meat and processed foods. The excess protein is usually removed through sweat and urine, but if they remain in high levels for a longer period, they are stored in the joints and may cause gout. This is why experts suggest consuming a diet low on purines and rich in water which can prevent the accumulation of the crystals.
Besides a low-purine diet, you should also make sure to stay hydrated. Water will dissolve the uric acid crystals and prevent gout from developing. Here’s a few simple natural remedies that can also treat gout:
- Squeeze one ripe tomato and drink the juice 3 times a day;
- Boil a pint of water and add one onion in it, then throw in 50 gr. of cabbage and 3 parsley sprigs and simmer the mixture for 15 minutes. Strain it in the end and leave it to cool down, then squeeze one lemon in and drink the beverage before your lunch;
- Mix 3 tablespoons of rosemary and soybean oil, then massage the mixture on the painful area;
- Chop half an onion and add it to a liter of water, then boil the mixture for 5 minutes and strain it. Drink the onion water and drink 3 cups of the remedy every day;
- Add some corn in water and boil the mixture for 10 minutes, then strain the tea and drink 3 cups a day;
- Mix 4 chopped carrots, 30 gr. of strawberries, a slice of pineapple and a mango in a juicer, then drink a glass of the mixture on an empty stomach in the morning;
- Boil 30 gr. of cranberries in a liter of water for 5 minutes, then strain the mixture and drink it 3 times a day;
- Add 2 tablespoons of elderflowers in ½ a liter of boiled water and cover the pot, then simmer the mixture on low heat for about 10 minutes. Leave it to cool down for 10 minutes afterwards and strain it, then drink the whole amount during the day.
HERE’S AN ADDITIONAL REMEDY THAT CAN ALSO HELP:
- 1 medium-sized cucumber
- A slice of lemon
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger root
Slice the cucumber and celery finely, then mix everything in a blender until you get a homogenous mixture. Drink the remedy 1-3 times a day to reduce the pain in your joints and treat gout.